Sunday, November 05, 2006

Meet Borat!

Borat Sagdiyev is a fictional character of a Kazakh journalist invented and portrayed by the British comedian provocateur Sacha Baron Cohen. Borat has humorously been described on his official website as "Kazakhstan's sixth most famous man."

Borat was sent to various countries; England, Canada, the Netherlands and most recently United States, to make reports about different cultures. He was sent by the Kazakh government and television network. He has also said that if his movie about the United States isn't successful, that he "will be execute".

Borat has become a cult character in the English-speaking world and a serious thorn in the side for the authorities of the central Asian republic.

Meet Borat in a short interview with Late Show host David Letterman:

4 comments:

Aitor said...

I bet you don´t know which is the instrument Borat is pretending to play at the end of the video.

Susana said...

Hi Aitor, You don't say how much you bet. As soon as you let me know the amount you put on the table, I will unveil the name of the brazilian instrument Borat has in his hands. It starts with "B" and finishes with "au". Am I right?

Ferran said...

Hi Aitor! I thought you were right with your challenge but I forgot about Susana's powers. Wow Susana! I'm impressed again. Anyway, let's wait and see! I'm thinking about a song title by the Brazilian composer Baden Powell... Shall we start placing bets?

Aitor said...

I´m really impressed too, because very few people know about this instrument, unless you are in this world, but, of course, with Susana everything is possible.
By the way I´m learning how to play it and I know a few rythms.